Buying any furniture is a big investment, so it’s crucial to get your measurements and proportions right. Get a perfect fit with our handy measuring guide.
- Make sure the mattress you choose is the correct size for the bed. All our kids’ beds include mattress size information on our website and with the product, to make this simple.
- To ensure that your new furniture is in proportion and looks its very best in their bedroom, measure the surface area of where you’d like each piece to go. Little ones will love having a say and helping to plan out their special place.
- It’s a good idea to map out a rough floor plan with masking tape – remember to leave enough space around each piece of furniture.
- Check the width, height, and depth of the furniture you would like to order and include this in your rough floor plan and against the ceiling height. Does it all fit easily?
- With the exception of side tables and bedside tables, the rule of thumb is to allow at least 50cm of space between pieces of furniture.
- Those in the know also suggest leaving a distance of at least 20-30cm between a tall piece of furniture and the ceiling to create a feeling of space in the room.
- Finally, it’s got to fit through your front door! Make sure all your furniture can fit through your doors, stairs or hallways before you buy to avoid any disappointment. To ensure it does, check the boxed dimensions on each George.com product page.