Witches have historically been associated with monstrous magic, sinister spells and evil enchantments, which makes them a great choice for this week’s Halloween costume guide. However, thanks to Hermione Granger and others from Harry Potter perceptions have changed, meaning you can go traditional with Bellatrix and the Wicked Witch of the West, or go light with Sabrina and Molly Weasley. Which witch will you be?
Brew your own Halloween punch
You will need:
2x halved passion fruit
50g frozen raspberries (thawed)
Lime juice and zest
1 litre ASDA tropical crush zero
(no added sugar)
Blue or green gel food
Standard size 2 pewter cauldron
(bowl or jug will suffice)
Advanced Potion Making
by Libatius Borage (optional)
1. Scoop out the pulp from the passion fruit and add to your cauldron.
2. Use the back of a fork to break up the raspberries and stir into the passion fruit along with the lime juice and zest.
3. Pour in the tropical crush and a few drops of food colouring, if using.
4. Before serving, run a few drops of food colouring (if using) down the inside of each glass.
5. Fill the glasses halfway with ice and top with the punch.